- Transport Depot, Derby
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £21,189 - £21,575 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 18 December 2022
County Transport – Derby Workshops
£21,189 - £21,575 per annum – plus market leading package (see below)
“We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply! Just click on “Apply for this job”, register and upload your CV.”
County Transport is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Driver / Handyperson capable of working to high standards with minimum supervision. The successful candidate will be required to collect and deliver a wide range of vehicles to assist the workshop with vehicle servicing, and repair work at local dealerships. They will also be required to assist with the general housekeeping and cleanliness of the workshop, and carry out minor property maintenance, repairs and alterations as required.
A full driving licence including category’s B, C and D1 are a requirement for this role.
All standard and specialist tools/equipment are supplied as part of the position, along with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and branded workwear.
The role will be based at our Derby Workshop currently located near the City Centre, but has a planned relocation that is less than 2 miles away during 2023 to a new bespoke Workshop. The standard working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm. On Occasion the successful candidate may be required to assist at the other County Transport Workshops.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, Derbyshire based work and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Generous 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Regular standard working hours Monday to Friday - supporting a great work life balance
- Occupational sick pay scheme – up to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay after 5 years’ service.
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Regular annual pay increments
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, the successful candidate will be required to undertake and pass a police security NPPV2 vetting check.
To discuss this exciting role further please contact the Service Manager Alex Koszowenko – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting CV’s for this position, but if you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
Provisional Interview Date: Early January 2023