- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Academy, Ashbourne
- Salary details
- MPS £28,000 - £38810 UPS £40,626 - £43685 per annum, pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- 1.0FTE and 0.7FTE
- Closing Date
- 24 October 2023
QEGSMAT are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic Teachers of Spanish & French, one full time and one part time, to join our hardworking and high achieving team at Queen Elizabeths Grammar School. We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Nestled in the picturesque Derbyshire Dales in the idyllic town of Ashbourne, Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, is an academic and vibrant rural comprehensive school with a very successful Sixth Form.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School is a proud member of QEGSMAT. The Trust’s values are for students to ‘Question, Explore; Give; and Succeed’. Our exceptional staff, strong leadership, motivated children, as well as excellent facilities, provide the successful formula for this.
At QEGSMAT we believe and promote that exceptional workforce creates exceptional results; they transform lives and transform futures. We support every pupil to achieve their full potential and become a confident, resilient, and compassionate individual who can make a positive contribution to society.
Why work for us?
- Continual access to CPD opportunities. QEGSMAT works with a large number of organisations to develop staff to fulfil their aspirations and potential. We are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our staff within this evolving Trust.
- We are committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination, and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. This can also include bespoke counselling sessions for staff if needed.
- All roles are subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service.
- With access to Teacher Pension Scheme employer contributions of 23.68% for Teachers.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Access to Flu Vaccines.
- Opportunity to work flexibly.
QEGSMAT is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a criminal offence to engage or seek to engage in regulated activity or regulated work with children, if you appear on the DBS barred list. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and be eligible to work in the UK.
Further information about our commitment to Safeguarding can be found - https://www.qegsmat.com/documents/safeguarding
Please be aware, the School/Trust may also consider performing an online presence check as part of their pre-employment checks.
If you are interested and wish to have an informal conversation to discuss the role or would like to visit the school, we would be happy to arrange this. Please call Sarah Smit/Caroline Bramwell on 01335 343685. Further details about our school can be found on our website: https://www.queenelizabeths.derbyshire.sch.uk/
To apply for this position, please visit our Trust Website (https://www.qegsmat.com/current-vacancies/) where you can apply via TES.
Provisional Interview Date: 3 October 2023.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.