Reception Teacher and Early Years Lead
- Findern Primary School & Nursery
- Salary details
- MPS £28,000 - £38,810 per annum plus TLR2 (£3,020 - £7,037)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 29 March 2023
The Governors are looking to appoint an experienced Reception Teacher and Early Years Lead to teach in our reception class and plan for and be responsible for our governor run nursery. This is a permanent full-time role to start in September 2023.
This role would suit someone who has a sound knowledge of EYFS(1) & EYFS(2) Curriculum and is looking to take on more responsibility.
Our EYFS unit consists of 5 dedicated staff and up to 60 children.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised and has high expectations of all learners and dedicated to working hard. Most importantly, we are looking for a team player with a great sense of humour and be an excellent creative teacher who is passionate about teaching and meeting the needs of all learners.
We work closely in partnership with our parents and our local cluster of schools.
You will be expected to get involved in the wider life of the school and to help us provide an exciting and varied curriculum offer.
We are a successful and caring Primary School and Nursery with very well behaved children and excellent resources. The successful applicant will join a motivated team who believe in working together and supporting each other for the best outcomes for our children.
We are a forest school and the role would suit someone who values PE and outdoor activities.
Please visit our website to gain a better feel for our school and for more information about our ethos.
It is essential that you:
- Are an enthusiastic class teacher who is fully committed to a school ethos of high achievement and excellent classroom practice
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Have excellent Maths and English knowledge
- Are able to work in collaboration to instigate innovative practice
- Understand the importance of parental and community involvement
- Possess good organisational and communication skills
- Have experience of or be committed to inclusion within the mainstream setting
Visits to the school are warmly welcome.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 17 April 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.