Key Stage 2 Class Teacher
- Coppice Primary and Nursery School, Heanor
- Salary details
- MPS £28,000 - £38,810 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
The children, staff and Governors of Coppice Primary School & Nursery are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Key Stage 2 Teacher, to work as Maternity Leave cover. The successful candidate will work closely alongside the teaching staff to ensure that all pupils, including those in vulnerable groups, make the required progress and maximize their potential.
We are a friendly, family orientated and forward-thinking school.
Do you have the passion, drive and vision to work with our supportive, whole-school community?
As our new KS2 Teacher, you will:
- Have experience in teaching and assessing KS2 children.
- Be dynamic, determined, approachable, and visionary; and have high personal expectations.
- Be an excellent team player and classroom practitioner.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Be able to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and other stakeholders.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with all members of our whole school community.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Lead a curriculum area or work towards this – developing this and guiding Staff and Governors through Staff Meetings and INSET
In return we can offer:
- Committed, supportive, enthusiastic, caring and friendly staff.
- Happy, enthusiastic, attentive children.
- A positive, caring ethos which has our families central to our decision making.
- Supportive parents.
- A knowledgeable and supportive team of governors.
School visits are welcome and actively encouraged. Please phone on 01773 712840.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 5 June 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.