- Whaley Thorns Community Primary and Nursery School, Langwith
- Salary details
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 10 February 2019
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding Key Stage 1 classroom practitioner to join their hardworking, dedicated and friendly team. The post is to commence on 29 April 2019 or ideally sooner if possible. The successful candidate will teach in a mixed Year 1/2 class.
The successful candidate must:
- have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the key stage 1 curriculum,
- have an excellent knowledge of phonics and phonic teaching
- be organised, enthusiastic and determined to succeed
- be committed to raising the quality of learning and teaching for all children and provide challenge at all levels
- be a good communicator and confident when speaking with parents and carers,
- enjoy working collaboratively.
- be required to co-ordinate at least one subject area across the school – it is likely that this will be Science and/or Computing
We have amazing children who thrive on exciting and engaging learning opportunities. The school is currently judged ‘requires improvement’ by Ofsted. However, we have absolutely committed staff, a proactive and supportive senior leadership team and an amazing building and grounds. Staff and the governing body have a collective determination to convert this to a ‘good’ judgment within the next year.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged in order to realise the full potential Whaley Thorns Primary School can offer. This post is not suitable for NQTs, but RQTs would be welcome to apply.
Please telephone the main school office on 01623 742604 to arrange an appointment.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.