- Orchard Primary and Nursery School, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
- Salary details
- IPR 18 - 24 £67,351 - £78,010 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 27 February 2023
Number on roll: 355
Age range: 3 - 11
The Governing Body of Orchard Primary and Nursery School have an exciting opportunity for a new headteacher to lead our well-regarded school and to build upon our existing strong foundations to develop the school even further.
Following the retirement of our dedicated Head Teacher, the Governing Body require a talented and successful school leader to become our new Headteacher in September 2023. You will continue to embed and develop the work of school leaders to ensure the school ‘provides the opportunity to unlock potential, which is the key to future success.’
We need a Headteacher who will:
- Recognise the existing strengths of the school and areas for development
- Be enthusiastic and promote the school positively
- Be passionate about education and promote curriculum development
- Develop the leadership of teaching and learning
- Have a strong commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity
- Inspires staff and children to be the very best that they can be
- Provides expertise in primary practice and curriculum development
- Works with resilience, determination, integrity, and courage
- Brings a commitment to setting high expectations
- Develops an inclusive, nurturing, and inspiring learning community where everyone can achieve and flourish.
In return, we will offer you:
- Well behaved, friendly and happy children who enjoy learning
- A welcoming, experienced, friendly and supportive staff team
- An experienced and outward looking Governing body
- A successful school with potential for further development
- An environment where you can work in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, the local and wider community to encourage children to strive for excellence
What to do next:
Visits to our school are encouraged; please call the school office on 01623 455939 to make an appointment.
Please do not apply using the Derbyshire County Council website.
Application forms and further details are available from email@example.com
Please ensure your completed application is returned no later than 12 noon on the Closing Date.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 8 March 2023, and interviews are planned for Wednesday 15 March and Thursday 16 March 2023.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.