Headteacher (0.4 Teaching Commitment) (L7 - L13)
- Castleton CE Controlled Primary School
- Salary details
- L7 - L13
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 26 March 2023
HEADTEACHER (0.4 TEACHING COMMITMENT) September 2023
NOR – 22
ISR L7 - L13
Due to the retirement of our Headteacher, the governors are looking to appoint an inspirational leader with a clear vision for further development of our unique school. The school currently has a good Ofsted rating, and we are working hard to become outstanding.
Castleton is a beautiful village situated at the head of the Hope Valley and in the heart of the Peak District National Park. The village is popular for its show caves and is overlooked by Mam Tor hill and the ancient Peveril Castle. It is within easy travelling distance of both Sheffield and Buxton.
The school is committed to the safety, well-being and ambition of our children. This is built on the foundations of a calm and nurturing environment where all our children feel safe and secure. We have always aimed to promote an inclusive, child-centric approach to learning collaboratively within the school and the community. Our school is unusual in that it offers “flexi-schooling”, i.e. children who are home-educated have the option of enrolling and attending school, typically for 3 days each week. We have a higher-than-average number of SEND pupils.
What we can offer:
- An ethos of positive learning, where everyone, including pupils, staff and visitors feel respected and valued.
- Happy, responsible and motivated children who are treated as individuals in a family-like atmosphere.
- Experienced staff with a can-do attitude, who are dedicated to the children and highly skilled in supporting children with additional needs.
- A commitment to a continuous dialogue with parents. As a small school this is invaluable.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Can drive school development through motivating others, with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Can lead by example.
- Has a love of teaching and is committed to developing each and every child’s learning journey.
- Has a flexible attitude to the school as a whole and is prepared to adapt to the needs of a small school.
- Has a developed understanding of SEND.
- Is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.
- Shows a willingness to develop and build on the success of our school.
- Is able to support staff and their development in teaching through strong leadership.
- Enthusiastically supports flexi-schooling and recognises the benefits for children and their families.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Nancy Lees on 01433 620630.
Please also visit our website for further details of our school -
Home | Castleton CE Primary School (castletonschool.co.uk)
We are committed to the highest standards of safeguarding in our school to ensure the safety and well-being of all pupils.
Closing date: 26 March 2023
Interview: 26 April 2023
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 quoting the Job Reference JOB/22/00431.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.