- Willington Primary School, Derby
- Salary details
- L6 - L10
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 05 February 2023
Willington Primary School – ‘Where Pupils Succeed’
The Board of Governors of Willington Primary school would like to appoint a dedicated, exceptional leader with the knowledge and skills to help drive the school forward at an exciting time of change. This is an opportunity for the right person to work alongside the newly appointed Headteacher as part of the Senior Leadership Team working together to ensure that Willington Primary is a school ‘Where Pupils Succeed’ in all areas of school life.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellent classroom practice and will be able to demonstrate a strong impact on standards and assessment. Working alongside the Headteacher ,you will lead teaching and learning across the school and therefore knowledge and experience of teaching across the primary phase is essential. Other responsibilities will be defined dependent on the successful candidate skillset and requirements of the new head.
You will be able to demonstrate innovation and flexibility in your approach to leadership, as well as having excellent people skills. You will 'lead from the front' and inspire children and staff to maximise their potential. This role is a superb opportunity for an ambitious leader, who has the drive and dedication to make a difference, who demonstrates resilience, determination and a commitment to sustaining school improvement.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- is an excellent classroom practitioner with an enthusiastic and innovative approach to their teaching
- has effective strategic thinking and a passion for learning, who can support all learners and staff to be the best that they can be
- is able to ensure that teaching and learning standards are at the highest level, innovative and effective
- has the ability, desire and dedication to maintain and strengthen links with Parents, Governors and the wider community
- has children at the heart of decision making
- is a proven leader, who possesses a clear educational vision backed by leadership and management experience
- will provide challenge to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
- effectively uses data to analyse, monitor, challenge and support.
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic, hardworking, caring children with committed parents
- an energetic and hardworking team of staff and a proactive Board of Governors
- the opportunity to craft your leadership skills, in a supportive environment committed to CPD and professional development
- a fantastic opportunity to develop to become part of an efficient Senior Leadership Team!
If you have these qualities and are enthusiastic, motivated and keen to work with a dedicated team of professionals, we would love to hear from you. Please complete the application form along with a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 sharing your educational philosophy and why you are suitable for this post.
Further information about our school can be found at https://www.willington.derbyshire.sch.uk/ Visits are welcomed and arrangements should be made by phoning the school on 01283 702156
Proposed start date: April 17 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing: February 13 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.