- Richardson Endowed Primary School, Smalley
- Salary details
- Leadership Point 5 - 9 £48,895 - £53,973 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 11 October 2023
We are looking for a committed and inspiring Deputy Headteacher to join our team from January 2024.
The Deputy Headteacher will be required to lead Key Stage 2; oversee the curriculum and line manage subject leaders; and lead mathematics across the school.
Working alongside the Headteacher and current Key Stage 1 leader, the successful candidate will have clearly defined responsibilities for continuing school improvement and working strategically to lead and move the school forward. They will be responsible for teaching a Key Stage 2 class and have dedicated release time to complete leadership roles.
We are looking for someone who is:
- a passionate, dynamic and reflective practitioner
- committed to the highest expectations of children’s achievement and progress
- able to support and manage behaviour across the school
- innovative and imaginative in creating memorable learning experiences
- dedicated and nurturing, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- an active and effective member of the Senior Leadership Team
- willing to deputise effectively for the Headteacher in their absence
- willing to work in a team and contribute to the wider life of the school
- experienced working with children who have special learning needs would be an advantage
- We welcome applications from experienced leaders and those looking to take the next step in their career. We can offer a committed team and enthusiastic children, who are always willing to do their best.
We are proud to be part of the Embark Multi-academy Trust, which offers quality CPD opportunities throughout the year.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, then we would like to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning to make an appointment. Please telephone the school office on 01332 880317.
More information about our school and the trust can be found by visiting our website at:
We will conduct an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which we might want to explore with you during the recruitment process.
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 26 and Friday 27 October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.