- South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £10.21 - £10.44 per hour
- Job term
- Various hours available
- Appointment type
- Temporary - Due to the current COVID-19 situation
- Various Hours Available
- Closing Date
- 31 January 2021
Derbyshire is starting a community testing programme to help get Covid 19 in Derbyshire under control.
The testing will help people to protect their loved ones and will enable Derbyshire’s Public Health team to understand the prevalence of people who are infected but without symptoms, support those who have Covid to self-isolate and to drive infection rates down further in the county.
Initially we need people to carry out roles in South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield. However, the location of testing across Derbyshire may change over time.
You will be working in a changing environment and therefore we have a range of employment options available:
- Full-time (37 hours per week)
- Part-time (minimum 6.5 hours per week)
- Flexible contracts (i.e. varying hours per week)
We are interested in hearing from people who are prepared to work across the whole Derbyshire and those who may only be able to work in one particular area eg. Bolsover or Amber Valley.
These roles will be of interest to you if you have good customer service skills. You may have recently worked hospitality, retail or leisure sectors or you may just want to show your Derbyshire spirit and support the fight back against Covid 19.
The Testing Operative supports the preparation and analysis of lateral flow COVID-19 test samples and recording of results. Conducting the processing and analysis of tests, they will ensure the process is undertaken accurately and uploaded to the system.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares test sample for analysis and interprets result.
- Receives sample, sets up sample for analysis and pipettes reagent to sample
- Times sample and indicates when ready for sample analysis
- Awaits and reads result displayed, and marks it on device
- Provides result to Results Recorder to upload to digital platform
- Results Recorder reads test result outcome (marked by Processing Operative)
- Results Recorder enters result onto a managed device, including scan of QR code (result is automatically sent to Test & Trace)
- Ensure safe clinical measures, including practicing of social distancing, cleaning and donning and doffing of PPE, of all times
We are looking for people with the following:
- Experience in understanding and following Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with data recording/entry - and can confidently use digital technology to record results
Skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong time keeping skills
- Ability to follow the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, including physically standing for protracted periods
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly – providing support across different roles where necessary
- Good communication skills with a customer focussed approach