- South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £13.35 - £14.32 per hour
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Temporary - Due to the current COVID-19 situation
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 31 January 2021
Derbyshire is starting a community testing programme to help get Covid 19 in Derbyshire under control.
The testing will help people to protect their loved ones and will enable Derbyshire’s Public Health team to understand the prevalence of people who are infected but without symptoms, support those who have Covid to self-isolate and to drive infection rates down further in the county.
Initially we need people to carry out roles in South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield. However, the location of testing across Derbyshire may change over time.
We are interested in hearing from people who are prepared to work across the whole Derbyshire and those who may only be able to work in one particular area eg. Bolsover or Amber Valley.
These roles will be of interest to you if you have good customer service skills. You may have recently worked hospitality, retail or leisure sectors or you may just want to show your Derbyshire spirit and support the fight back against Covid 19.
Responsible for the overall on-site operations of the test site, including delivery of testing services, ensuring adherence to health and safety protocol and day-to-day workforce management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Opens and closes site each day, including making the daily reporting on testing operations
- Runs day-to-day operations including on-site workforce management, managing site health & safety and receiving and managing stock
- Point of escalation for any issues on site, escalates to public health managers and partner agencies as appropriate
- Provides people support to Site and Test Operative roles
- Ensures all resources have arrived for shift and escalates issues or areas of concern
- Cascades new information to all team members
- Ensures adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and clinical guidance is maintained throughout operations
- Responsible for the quality and risk management of the testing and regularly checking that the site meets the standards required
We are looking for people with the following:
- Experience overseeing an operational workforce and day-to-day people management
- Experience managing operations in a customer facing environment
- Experience of proactively managing situations and scenarios
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams in a fast changing environment
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills with strong ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to accurately follow agreed systems and processes
- Clear understanding of relevant health & safety protocols
- Receipt and management of stock including assisting with manual handling of stock items
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with a customer focussed approach