- South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £9.81 - £10.01 per hour
- Job term
- Various hours available
- Appointment type
- Temporary - Due to the current COVID-19 situation
- Various Hours Available
- Closing Date
- 31 January 2021
Derbyshire is starting a community testing programme to help get Covid 19 in Derbyshire under control.
The testing will help people to protect their loved ones and will enable Derbyshire’s Public Health team to understand the prevalence of people who are infected but without symptoms, support those who have Covid to self-isolate and to drive infection rates down further in the county.
Initially we need people to carry out roles in South Derbyshire, Bolsover, Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Chesterfield. However, the location of testing across Derbyshire may change over time.
You will be working in a changing environment and therefore we have a range of employment options available:
- Full-time (37 hours per week)
- Part-time (minimum 6.5 hours per week)
- Flexible contracts (ie varying hours per week)
We are interested in hearing from people who are prepared to work across the whole Derbyshire and those who may only be able to work in one particular area eg. Bolsover or Amber Valley.
These roles will be of interest to you if you have good customer service skills. You may have recently worked hospitality, retail or leisure sectors or you may just want to show your Derbyshire spirit and support the fight back against Covid 19.
The Site Operative is a customer-facing role responsible for supporting the customer through the end-to-end testing experience and supporting wider site operations. Working across three positions, key activities include supporting customers whilst queuing for entry, through registration, providing verbal guidance on the testing process and regular cleaning of the site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages queuing areas to the testing site, setting up appropriate signage, ensuring social distancing is maintained and providing guidance on registering on-line where queues are long
- Monitors people in the queue who are showing symptoms of COVID and manages in accordance with relevant guidance
- Responsible for ensuring people have registered and are eligible for testing.
- Greeting people on arrival, asking them to sanitise hands and ensuring the person is eligible for asymptomatic testing
- Providing assistance to people in registering for the test if they are unable to and to those who might not have the relevant digital information such as phone number and email address
- Guide people who are coming and, for a valid reason, need to test anonymously
- Co-ordinate queues and ensure an appropriate number of people enter into the testing area, and that the testing area does not exceed maximum capacity
- Communicate to people the purpose of participating in testing at the site and the testing process
- Direct people to available testing stations and to the exit when they are finished
- Be available to provide additional verbal instructions and reassurance if required
- Provide regular cleaning to testing stations throughout the day (people are also asked to self-clean between each test)
- Ensuring compliance with the clinical standard operating procedures throughout
NB: Job holder will always be required to wear Fluid-resistant surgical mask.
We are looking for people with the following:
- Experience in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Experience working with members of the public/patients, preferably including crowd control
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills – facilitating the ability to give clear and concise instructions
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Confident in using digital technology, smartphones and apps (for use of the on-site application)
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and physically stand for several hours
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly – providing support across different roles where necessary
- Good communication skills with a customer focussed approach
- Calm, positive and polite approach to all situations