- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £37,915 - £41,299 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2022
We are looking to recruit a Healthcare Public Health Practitioner, to join the Healthcare Public Health Team. The focus of the team is to support improvements to healthcare and premature mortality Public Health Outcomes Framework indicators through partnership working across the health and social care system of Derbyshire.
Current priorities for the team include:
- Developing the public health offer supporting the Core20PLUS5 approach to reducing health inequalities
- Building and maintaining networks with adult social care and developing the evidence base to inform strategic decision making
- Working closely with Knowledge and Intelligence and Commissioning teams to ensure that appropriate information and evidence is utilised to inform decision making, commissioning intentions and service delivery
- Review and commissioning of a falls prevention service, including review of the falls pathway
- Review and commissioning of NHS Health Checks, including a proof-of-concept test for delivering NHS Health Checks by a community provider
- Developing a Health Literacy approach for Derbyshire
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and experience of partnership working who will be able to adapt to working across a broad healthcare public health agenda.
The role will initially be focused on:
- Leading the development of a Public Health Ageing Well strategy
- Working alongside Integrated Care Board partners to promote Long Covid Clinics and develop understanding of the outcomes for people attending the services, to help inform future provision.
- Working with partners to increase access to dementia support services across the County and promote dementia training for staff across the voluntary and public sector
For an informal, confidential discussion about the role, please contact Caroline Mackie on 07964 248988 or email email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 31 October 2022