- Various locations
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £21,108 - 23,021 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 September 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within in Live Life Better Derbyshire, part of Derbyshire County Council’s Public Health department to support the work of the Health Improvement Team. We are looking to appoint 6 Health Improvement Advisors (4 X Weight Management and 2 X Physical Activity) to join our multi skilled team of delivery staff. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing service which provides one to one support and group support and advice for Derbyshire residents wanting to lose weight and become more physically active. You will be required to contribute to the delivery of the wider Live Life Better Derbyshire agenda that supports clients to identify and address their health and wellbeing needs.
- 1 full-time post will focus on supporting the delivery of our Weight Management service based in the Chesterfield, North East and Bolsover Cluster
- 2 full-time posts will focus on supporting the delivery of our Weight Management service based in the Amber Valley, Erewash and South Derbyshire Cluster
- 1 full-time posts will focus on supporting the delivery of our Family Weight Management service (locations to be confirmed)
- 2 full-time posts will focus on supporting the delivery of our Physical Activity service across Derbyshire
The successful applicant will require:
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- A knowledge of behaviour change techniques
- A good understanding of factors affecting health
- Experience of working with individuals and vulnerable groups within local communities
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- A good level of IT literacy as the applicant will be required to maintain accurate client records.
For further information about the roles and responsibilities, please see the job and personal profile. Please use the job and personal profile requirements as headings in the section ‘suitability for the job’.
If you have a passion to make a difference, please contact Claire Booth on 07966 745 201 / Claire.Booth@derbyshire.gov.uk (weight management) or Alex Richmond on 07812662155 Alex.Richmond@derbyshire.gov.uk (physical activity) for a confidential and informal discussion about the roles.
Provisional Interview Date: Week Commencing 19th September 2022
The job requires unsocial hours working including evenings and/or weekends. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.