- Sth Derbys Dist Council (DCC), Civic Way, Swadlincote
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £30,054 - £31,963 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave until 31 January 2025
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 December 2023
🌟 Join our Team at Derbyshire County Council: Health and Wellbeing Officer Needed! 🌟
- Do you like working with people in the community? 😊
- Do you want to help people improve their lives? 🌻
- Are you a good listener? 👂
If so, you may be the right person to join and support our team! 🤝
We are looking for a Health and Wellbeing Officer to join our team on a fixed-term basis covering maternity leave.
We are looking for candidates to use person centred and asset-based approaches to build trusting relationships with individuals, who can gain an understanding of the person’s skills, passions, and talents, enabling them to build their vision of a good life and improve their health and wellbeing.
You will need experience of helping individuals with disabilities, mental ill health, and their families/carers. With practical experience of advocacy and supporting people to plan for the future. You should be a creative thinker who is able to work in innovative ways and you must be committed to co-production. We need strong networkers who can also work sensitively with individuals, groups, communities, and partner organisations.
- Experience working with people in a person-centred and asset-based way.
- Ability to assist individuals with disabilities, mental health challenges, and their families/carers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, identify problems, and troubleshoot effectively.
- Practical experience in advocacy and supporting individuals in planning for the future.
- Creative thinking and the ability to work innovatively.
You must have previous experience in a similar role and meet the essential criteria outlined in the attached job & person profile and additional information. Flexibility is essential, as you may need to cover various parts of Derbyshire at short notice, including the possibility of evening or weekend working and participating in a rota. While the current role predominantly involves remote work, there is a requirement to travel to support individuals and attend meetings.
Why Join Us?
This position is ideal for individuals with a passion for public health and a desire to make a positive impact on vulnerable people in society. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in Public Health and access numerous training opportunities within our department. Secondments are also encouraged with line manager approval.
As an employee of Derbyshire County Council, you will receive a competitive benefits package including:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service (pro rata for part time)
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Derbyshire Rewards Scheme giving employees discount on their everyday spending
- Access to physio, mental health, and other wellbeing services
- And much more!
How to Apply
Click on the ‘Apply now’ button or for more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Lucy Billington at firstname.lastname@example.org. 📧📞
Join us in making a real difference in the lives of the people of Derbyshire! Apply today and be a part of our dedicated team. 🤗🌟
Provisional Interview Date: Week Commencing 18 December 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here