Senior Procurement Officer
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 11 £35,414 - £38,713 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
Senior Procurement Officer
£35,414 - £38,713 plus market leading benefits (see below)
Derbyshire County Council have a challenging and rewarding position for a professional and experienced Senior Procurement Officer within our County Procurement Team.
You will be required to lead on procurement projects at all levels for goods and services across the Place &/or Property Departments and be responsible for successful delivery, ensuring timescales are met and all stages of the procurement and tendering process are conducted in accordance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and the Councils Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
You should have experience working on complex procurement projects and will be required to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement requirements, including relevant legislation.
You will be responsible for skilled management of Procurement Officers, leading by example and guiding colleagues to achieve success and realise their ambitions.
The ability to lead and support client departments with all stages of the procurement process will be essential and you should be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Working with officers across the Council as a key member of a project team.
- The review and development of procurement approach, specifications, statement of requirements, tender documentation and evaluation methodology and approaches
- Management of the tender, evaluation, and award stages
- Providing ongoing support and advice in the management of the contracts
- Providing advice and guidance regarding procurement matters, where appropriate liaising with other professionals from within the Council e.g. Legal services
- Solving complex problems and develop innovative solutions to clients and service requirements
You will have the ability to deliver multiple complex projects at the same time, can think imaginatively on the best ways to procure services and have exceptional attention to detail. You must be able to effectively communicate and negotiate at all levels, handle conflict and deal with sensitive situations.
You should possess excellent IT skills including the analysis of data and be able to use Excel and Word effectively. The candidate will be required to use the Councils e-tendering portal ProContract to run the tender projects and full training will be provided.
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
And what’s in it for you?
- 27 days of annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years of service
- Flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to get into a team that will fully invest in your development and job satisfaction.
For further information regarding this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org