- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £31,109 - £34,314 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
Grade 10 - £31,109 to £34,314
Derbyshire County Council have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement professional to join our County Procurement team.
- Our Derbyshire Rewards - exclusive employee only access to discounts, cashback offers and wellbeing support!
- 27 days of annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years of service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Market leading flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme, and much more!
We’re looking for people who either currently hold or are working towards CIPS or equivalent. Ideally you should have experience working on procurement projects in the Public Sector and will be required to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement requirements, including relevant legislation
You will lead on procurement projects for goods and services across the Corporate Services & Transformation Category including Corporate functions, Property and ICT.
The ability to support client departments with all stages of the procurement process will be essential and you should be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Working with officers across the Council as a key member of a project team.
- The review and development of procurement approach, specifications, statement of requirements, tender documentation and evaluation methodology and approaches
- Management of the tender, evaluation, and award stages
- Providing ongoing support and advice in the management of the contracts
- Providing advice and guidance regarding procurement matters, where appropriate liaising with other professionals from within the Council e.g., Legal services
- Solving complex problems and develop innovative solutions to clients and service requirements
You will have the ability to deliver multiple projects at the same time, can think imaginatively on the best ways to procure services and have exceptional attention to detail. You must be able to effectively communicate and negotiate at all levels, handle conflict and deal with sensitive situations.
You should possess excellent IT skills including the analysis of data and be able to use Excel and Word effectively. The candidate will be required to use the Councils e-tendering portal ProContract to run the tender projects and full training will be provided.
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
For enquiries relating to this post please email email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date: The week beginning 12 June 2023