- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £29,184 - £32,389 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2022
Grade 10 - £29,184 to £32,389 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!
Derbyshire County Council have a challenging and rewarding position for a highly professional and experienced Procurement Officer within our County Procurement Team.
You will be required to lead on procurement projects for goods and services across the People Services Category and be responsible for delivering procurements, ensuring timescales are met and all stages of the procurement and tendering process are conducted in accordance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and the Councils Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
We’re looking for someone who either currently holds or is working towards CIPS or equivalent.
You should have experience working on procurement projects in the Public Sector and will be required to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement requirements, including relevant legislation.
The ability to support client departments with all stages of the procurement process will be essential and you should be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Working with officers across the Council as a key member of a project team.
- The review and development of procurement approach, specifications, statement of requirements, tender documentation and evaluation methodology and approaches
- Management of the tender, evaluation, and award stages
- Providing ongoing support and advice in the management of the contracts
- Providing advice and guidance regarding procurement matters, where appropriate liaising with other professionals from within the Council e.g., Legal services
- Solving complex problems and develop innovative solutions to clients and service requirements
You will have the ability to deliver multiple projects at the same time, can think imaginatively on the best ways to procure services and have exceptional attention to detail. You must be able to effectively communicate and negotiate at all levels, handle conflict and deal with sensitive situations.
You should possess excellent IT skills including the analysis of data and be able to use Excel and Word effectively. The candidate will be required to use the Councils e-tendering portal ProContract to run the tender projects and full training will be provided.
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
And what’s in it for you?
- 27 days of annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years of service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Local government 2022/23 pay award pending
- Flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply, but if you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
For enquiries relating to this post please email firstname.lastname@example.org