- Peak District National Park Authority, Bakewell
- Salary details
- Scale J £36,298 - £39,493 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 01 October 2023
Are you a driven and experienced planner with a passion for protecting and enhancing our natural landscapes? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
The Peak District National Park Authority is seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable individual to join our North Area Team as Principal Planner.
The Peak District National Park Authority protects, enhances and shares the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Peak District. We also support the economic and social wellbeing of the communities in which we work. As the UK’s first National Park, the Peak District has a rich history and has been shaped by the interaction of people and nature over thousands of years. The Park is enjoyed by millions each year looking for adventure, knowledge and a fantastic day out.
We are based between Manchester, Sheffield and Derby, which makes this the ideal opportunity if you’re looking to break away from city life and commute to the country.
As a Principal Planner, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the Peak District National Park, ensuring sustainable development while preserving its unique character.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage our assistant planners, providing guidance, support, and mentoring to ensure high-quality work outputs.
- Process planning applications, including complex and major development proposals.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on planning matters including Authority policies to colleagues, elected members, and the public.
- Stay updated on relevant legislation, policy changes, and emerging trends in planning and land management.
To join us as a Principal Planner, you will need an RTPI final qualification with significant experience in town planning and a proven track record of successfully managing, coaching and mentoring others to deliver high quality outcomes.
You should have an in-depth knowledge of planning legislation, policies and procedures along with strong communication, advocacy and influencing skills to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders and the ability to make balanced judgement and sound decisions.
Join us in making a positive impact on one of the most renowned national parks in the world. The Peak District offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and outdoor recreational opportunities. This is your chance to contribute to its long-term preservation and sustainable development.
* We are currently waiting for agreement on our annual pay award, which will be backdated to the post start date. We are also at the initial stages of a pay review, which will increase the salary of the post, to be implemented January 2024. For more information about the pay review please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local government pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Free on-site parking
- Work from offices based in the heart of the National Park
- Benefit from stunning surroundings and views on a daily basis
- Hybrid working arrangements
For more information and to access our online application pack, please visit: Planning for the future - your next role with us?: Peak District National Park
Care – We care for the Peak District National Park, the people we work with and all those we serve. It’s at the heart of everything we do
Enjoy – We take pride in what we do and feel good about our contribution
Pioneer – We were born of pioneers. We will continue to explore opportunities to inspire future generations
A range of flexible working options would be considered. If you would like to discuss this, please contact us.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Peak District National Park Authority is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the role.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.