Planning Manager (North Team) and Planning Manager (South Team)
- Amber Valley Borough Council, Ripley
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - £42,503 to £45,495 per year
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 April 2023
We have two exciting opportunities to join a busy Development Management Unit within a varied and interesting Borough, which benefits from the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site and various sites to attract investment and regeneration and new homes.
You will require:
- an ability to manage and motivate staff through effective communication and excellent time management skills;
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management, including in relation to planning enforcement and heritage;
- at least two years’ experience working in Development Management at a senior level; and
- experience of and confidence in operating at the political/management interface
- A Degree in Town and Country Planning or equivalent qualification plus full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
If you wish to be considered for only one of the advertised roles, please indicate accordingly on your application.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website
To apply, please visit Amber Valley Borough Council’s website at: www.ambervalley.gov.uk/jobs
CV’s are not accepted.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.