- Buxton Childrens Services Area Office, Kents Bank Road, BUXTON
- Salary details
- Grade 15 £57,334 - £62,887 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 05 February 2023
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, innovative, and motivated Head of Service for the High Peak and North Dales locality. In line with current working practices, this post offers the opportunity for hybrid working blending regular home working with being office based. This follows the retirement of the current long standing post-holder. The Head of Service has a crucial role in the strategic leadership of children’s early help and social care services in the locality with responsibility for child protection, children in need, early help and children in care teams. You will be joining an established Head of Service Team who have worked together for several years and who are well placed to support your development in role.
We are looking for an experienced and committed leader who has high aspirations for children and young people, who can motivate teams, is familiar with agile working and who can work at pace. Knowledge of the key agendas in early help and social care services for children is crucial alongside evidence of your strategic work alongside key partners.
Our amazing children and young people, and our highly motivated children’s workforce, make Derbyshire an energetic, exciting and friendly place in which to live and work. Following our Focused Visit in September 2022, Ofsted said about our services:
- Social workers describe a leadership team that communicates with them clearly.
- Social workers understand and are committed to Derbyshire’s children’s services’ vision, which maintains children at the heart of decisions made.
- They say they are happy and feel well supported. One social worker stated, ‘I trust the people I work with, and I feel trusted.’ Others spoke positively of receiving praise from senior leaders and a culture of celebrating successes.
- Supervision and management oversight are regular with clear sensible advice and defined timescales.
You will be based in one of the most beautiful areas of the country – Derbyshire has rugged moorlands and limestone dales with historic market towns and pretty villages. It is home to the Peak District National Park which is the world’s second most visited National Park, attracting tourists and those who enjoy the great outdoors.
For further information about this role, please contact Pete Lambert, Assistant Director – Early Help and Safeguarding via email email@example.com
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.