- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 15 £57,334 - £62,877 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 11 December 2022
We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a dynamic, innovative and motivated leader and manager, who is committed to improving educational outcomes for every child, to join our amazing team.
The Head of Service (Development) is responsible for ensuring that Derbyshire County Council fulfils its statutory duty of ensuring that there are sufficient school places across the County. This will require the strategic planning of school places in a well-planned and structured manner, proposing and managing school reorganisations arising from that function.
The post will also take a strategic role in the leadership and management of school admissions in line with the relevant legislation, as well as be a budget golder for school related Government capital grants and Section 106 Developer funding.
What skills do you need:
- expertise and experience across place planning, school organisation and admissions
- substantial experience of working in a large complex organisation
- knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to school planning, reorganisation, admissions and school transport
- substantial leadership experience and be able to lead a service to deliver service objectives and drive-up operational performance.
- You should be qualified to degree level or equivalent.
What benefits do we offer you?
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- generous annual leave and flexi-time scheme
- travel expenses
- discount on leisure centre memberships
- free car parking at most sites
- an in-house counselling service
- occupational health service
- access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist
- cycle to work scheme
- and more!
For more detailed information about the above opportunity please contact Dan Careless - Strategic Lead for Schools and Learning on 01629 532750.