- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £29,184 - £32,389 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term covering maternity leave
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Business Services Team for a committed and motivated individual to manage and supervise the provision of an administrative service within the Accommodation, ICT & Services for Schools Team covering for maternity leave. We are looking for someone who is able to identify service requirements or shortfalls and implement the delivery of innovative solutions to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity and contribute to policy and service development.
What will I be doing:
- Management of staff and projects
- Coordination of data and progress reports
- Problem solving and strategic planning
- Written communications and reports to groups and Senior Management Team
- Coordination of any accommodation related projects and main point of contact for the department
- Working collaboratively across Children’s Services and the other departments,
- Maintaining the departmental accommodation strategy
- Travel will be required to other sites across Derbyshire so a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is necessary
- Using a variety of Microsoft Office computer programmes ensuring all elements of office moves are project planned including, any works required, removals booked, services supported and updated.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Management of a team
- An ability to prioritise and allocate work to meet targets and standards
- Financial planning and budget management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to research, interpret, analyse and present information/data.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined environment with proven ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- The ability to work at pace, motivate the team and establish effective partnerships across the council
- Detailed knowledge of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Advanced IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the essential criteria.
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days annual leave per year (rising to 32 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme and electric charging points (at County Hall)
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council, please click here.
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please contact Sharon Elliott, Head of Business Services on 07824 625892 or Hayley Hurst, Senior Business Services Manager on 07855 275550
Provisional interview dates: week commencing 5 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates