- Staveley Library, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £8,590.08 - £8,746.56 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 15 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 16 April 2023
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Libraries, is an excellent team player, who is eager to learn and who thrives working in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to create a friendly and welcoming environment for a diverse range of customers.
- Excellent at multi-tasking, efficient, happy to work under pressure & confident with working alone if required.
- Able to promote our services.
- Confident in using IT (training will be given on specific library systems)
Library experience is an advantage, but we also welcome candidates who have demonstrated exceptional customer service elsewhere.
Library work can be physically demanding.
Staff may also occasionally be asked to cover other roles within Derbyshire libraries.
Some evening and weekend working may be required, with the need for flexibility on occasions to suit the needs of the service.
What we offer you.
- 25 days of annual leave – pro rata (plus an additional 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.