- Borrowash Library
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £8,937.12 - £9,140.04 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding until 30 June 2023
- 16 hours and 30 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2022
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Libraries, organised, has experience of administrative processes and procedures, is an excellent team player, who is eager to learn, able to support others and who thrives working in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to provide an effective service to all library customers through the efficient organisation of staff, library stock and the library premises.
- Able to lead and motivate a team in a customer focused environment.
- Able to create a friendly and welcoming environment for a diverse range of customers
- Excellent at multi-tasking, efficient, happy to work under pressure & confident with working alone if required.
- Passionate about what public libraries offer and able to promote our services.
- Confident in using IT (training will be given on specific library systems)
- Library work can be physically demanding.
- Staff may also occasionally be asked to cover other roles within Derbyshire libraries.
- Some evening and weekend working may be required, with the need for flexibility on occasions to suit the needs of the service.
What we offer you.
- 25 days of annual leave – pro rata (plus an additional 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
Provisional Interview Date: 25 October 2022
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.