- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Headquarters, Ripley
- Salary details
- £26,421 - £31,364 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Permanent and Fixed Term approximately 12 months
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 29 February 2024
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL WEBSITE, PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW.
Prevention & Inclusion Department
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service is seeking 2 Youth Officers to join our department. We are looking to fill 1 permanent position that has opened up due to the internal promotion and development of the existing post holder and 1 fixed term position (approximately 12 months) to cover for a Youth Officer on maternity leave
The roles will require an individual to be able to deliver innovative high quality youth projects, manage complex case work, to collaborate with partner agencies and DFRS staff, to safeguard young people and reduce anti-social behavior.
A NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Youth Work or equivalent or demonstrable experience is essential. Knowledge of issues affecting young people is also essential to allow you to deliver projects and support the departmental strategy. An understanding of the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme would be advantageous but not essential.
Workstreams for the Youth Team include facilitating a county wide Fire cadet program – which includes the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme and the DFRS ‘Youth Council’, our ‘FireSafe’ scheme which works with young people involved in firesetting and the delivery of Youth intervention program ‘YES’ with local schools. You will be required to work and travel around the county for which a pool car will be provided.
The normal working week is 37 hours to be worked flexibly, including some evening and weekend working to support youth projects.
In return we offer.
- Flexible working hours.
- Family friendly policies.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 25 days, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Free, secure on-site car parking.
- Health & wellbeing services, including free access to gyms at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service locations.
- Employee discount scheme (Boost).
- Employee support networks.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Occupational Sick Pay subject to length of service, increasing up to 6 months’ full & 6 months’ half after 5 years’ service.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Salary sacrifice AVCs offering highly beneficial tax advantages.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Eligibility to join Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) offering highly beneficial tax advantages.
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are particularly encouraged from all diverse communities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this, and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
Due to the sensitive nature of the duties that the post holder will be expected to undertake, an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be requested for the successful applicant. All applicants must have a full valid UK driving licence.
To apply please visit: www.derbys-fire.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/current-vacancies
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441.
Provisional Interview Date: 11, 12 and 13 March 2024.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.