- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £39,840 - £43,224 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 25 June 2023
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience and gives the opportunity to get involved in different specialisms as part of a supportive team delivering clear, accurate legal advice on a range of issues.
The successful candidate will enjoy an excellent range of benefits at Derbyshire County Council. We recognise that our workforce is our greatest asset and we are currently looking for inspired and proactive people who are committed to new ways of thinking and working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Council’s Litigation and Governance Legal Team for a dynamic and committed individual to work as a specialist lawyer providing advice in relation employment matters. The Job and Person Specification contains full details of the skills and experience you need to have for the role
• 27 days of annual leave (pro-rata) plus up to an additional 2 days of leave per month as part of the flexible working scheme
• Training and development opportunities
• Supportive line managers and mentoring scheme
• Generous local government pension scheme
• Access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts at selected county leisure centres
• and much more ! Legal Services are contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis.
There will be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview. We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
After reading the documentation supplied you would like to know more about this role, get in touch with Sinead Roberts (Sinead.firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply. Please include a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and your skills, knowledge and experience, taking account of the requirements set out in the job and person profile (attached). Each document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 (font size 12).
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
Provisional Interview Date: 30 June 2023