- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Headquarters, Ripley, Derbyshire
- Salary details
- £50,471 - *£55,073 per annum *Career Progression Criteria applies **The salary includes a market supplement
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 December 2022
Agile working arrangements can be discussed with the successful candidate.
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service is looking to recruit a Senior ICT Support Engineer. Key responsibilities of the role are ensuring the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose, systems are secure, and you will contribute to the continual improvement of our ICT provision.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supervising the work of a team of ICT Service Delivery specialists. Known for your customer-focused approach, you will support the Service’s users, assisting in diagnosing issues across the ICT infrastructure, including network, server and end-point devices.
You will assist the ICT Service Delivery Manager in providing excellent support to business-critical applications, requiring you to possess excellent time management skills, communications skills, and leaderships skills alongside a broad technical knowledge.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent ICT Problem solving in a mission critical environment
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system technologies,
• A strong understanding of virtualised server and desktop provision,
• A strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure,
• A strong understanding of networking infrastructure,
• and an excellent all-round ICT support understanding working as part of a busy team.
Can we count on you to deliver a customer-focused service that is consistent, reliable and focused on excellence?
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website
To apply and find out more please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/derbyshirefire/displayjob.aspx?jobid=658
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Brett Clements, ICT Service Delivery Manager on 01773 305344.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 12 December 2022.
There may be a requirement for some travel for which a pool car will be provided.
The normal working week is 37 hours however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours. The postholder will also be required to provide rota cover on the Recall to Duty Scheme.
In return we offer;
• Flexible working hours
• Family friendly policies
• Free car parking
• Health & wellbeing services, including free access to gyms at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service locations
• Employee discount scheme
• Employee support networks
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People. All staff are expected to share this commitment.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.