- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 11 £37,339 - £40,638 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 24 March 2024
Senior ICT Network Engineer – Operations
£37,339 to £40,638- Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!
Exciting things are happening within the ICT Team at Derbyshire County Council, and we are looking for Senior ICT Network Engineers to join our team.
A major review of our organisation and strategies is currently ongoing and we have invested in new tools to support a comprehensive and innovative ICT transformation programme, to support the delivery of key services to the citizens and communities of Derbyshire.
We now want to get on and deliver, this role will be pivotal in helping us deliver our transformation programme, as a key post within the ICT Operations Services function providing a technical lead across services. This includes supporting the Council’s New Ways of Working programme and ensuring that the Councils services are fit for purpose, so it is an excellent opportunity for someone who has significant experience of operating at a mid - senior level in a large ICT Service environment, managing and delivering change and who really wants to make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Based within a dynamic and challenging environment, you will be working on varied Network assignments, security, IOT and SD-WAN
- Using the countless opportunities to apply your knowledge and work as part of a multi-disciplined operations team.
- Acting as technical specialist in the ICT Operations function, providing professional expertise and knowledge to provide pro-active and agile services.
- Conduct 3rd line support and maintenance activities to ensure the operations infrastructure and services deliver to agreed standards and levels.
- Supporting the council’s network connectivity to its Microsoft Azure tenant. AZ900 | AZ-104 | Preferable.
- Candidates will assist in the management and coordination of wireless networking projects, including assisting the network managers with planning, scheduling, coordinating costs, and resource allocation.
- Candidates must be able to work proactively with cross-functional teams to ensure timely completion of projects while meeting quality standards and customer requirements.
- Organise, track project timelines, and monitor progress of these plans.
- Function as the main point of contact for customers and other senior project managers, ensuring timely and accurate communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience with project budgets and financials, including raising work requests and coordinating these with customers.
Must Have Experience Required / Certifications Required:
- Minimum experience of 2 years in cisco wireless / networking with working knowledge of wireless design and deployment.
- Knowledge of implementing IEEE standards and ISO 127001:2022
- Good knowledge of wireless network technologies, including Cisco technologies and Wi-Fi. CCNA | Network +|
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. Prince 2 | ITIL4
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and customers.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate project teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify issues and implement effective solutions.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Experience working in a hybrid fast paced environment with a full driving licence as travelling out to sites across Derbyshire to consult with customers and respond to network outages will be required in line with service needs.
- Technical knowledge and administrative experience of configuring and managing Cisco Meraki
- Experience with networking monitoring tools. (SolarWinds). Vulnerability management, risk identification and mitigation.
- Strong understanding of TCIP/IP.
- Good knowledge of security system and network security services. (Cisco ISE, ASA, F5, FortiGate) preferable
- MPLS/VPLS WAN experience will be of benefit.
- Driving change and improve the delivery of services.
What we offer you:
- £37,339 - £40,638 annual salary
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service.
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month.
- Super generous local government pension scheme
Provisional Interview Date: 6 March 2024
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here
We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply! Just click on “Apply for this job”, register and upload your CV.
This role currently offers hybrid working options which will be to subject service needs, there'll be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements for this position at interview.