- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 11 £33,489 - £36,788 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 14 August 2022
We're accepting CV's for this position so it's easier than ever to apply!
With so many digital tools available these days, it can be a real challenge to find the right tool for the job, work out how to use it, and keep up with the “day job”. And that’s where you come in! By leading a team that helps our employees get the most out of technology you will help employees to find new ways of doing things that will pay them back by saving time and effort.
As an excellent team leader who is eager to learn, inspire, motivate others and share your expertise, you will manage a team excited about helping our employees to understand which digital tools to use and how to use them in ways that suit them best.
You will have:
- A love for technology and people
- A desire to help people improve the way that they work
- A positive “can do” attitude with an ability to motivate others
- A very strong emphasis on customer service and putting our customers’ needs first
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to be open, friendly, and flexible
- Confidence to work under pressure in fast changing environment
- The ability to prioritise, schedule and manage a busy work schedule
- The ability to support and direct a busy team
You will play a key role in:
- Promoting the adoption of digital technology to transform working practices
- Developing and delivering workshops, activities and digital content
- Supporting continuous improvement, high-performance and collaboration
- Supporting the Change and Problem management function
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience in so many ways, and you will enjoy an excellent range of benefits at Derbyshire County Council.
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Genuine progression opportunity
- The opportunity to work with a variety of system
- And much more.
If you are a team leader who is eager to embrace a new role, have an enthusiasm for digital technology, and are excited about working closely with employees across the Council to help them understand how to make the best use of it, then this could be the perfect role for you.
For more information on our IT team and other vacancies in our team, simply, click here.
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
In accordance with the Council’s approach to Modern Ways of Working, the post holder will mostly working from home with occasional attendance at a base site.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 15 August 2022
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.