- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £21,968 - £22,423 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 02 April 2023
Derbyshire County Council are seeking a new ICT Assistant to provide support to employees across the council for all things IT. You’ll be getting hands on with software, hardware and be delivering high quality customer service.
The roles sits within our Customer Services team which includes; service desk provision, desktop hardware procurement, stores management, change and problem management, digital adoption and user support.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
- A love for technology and working with people
- A desire to help people improve the way that they work
- A positive “can do” attitude with an ability to motivate others
- A very strong emphasis on customer service and putting our customers’ needs first
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to be open, friendly, and flexible
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously.
What we offer you:
- £21,968-£22,423 annual salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Super generous local government pension scheme
- Genuine progression opportunity
- The opportunity to work with a variety of systems
Provisional Interview Date: The week beginning 10 April 2023
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.