- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 11 £33,489 - £36,788 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
Employee Relations Lead
£33,489 to £36,788 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We’re accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!
As the Employee Relations Lead in our HR Operations Advice and Support team, you will support the Council’s employee relations framework aligned to service delivery needs and the Council’s strategic objectives. You will also provide professional advice, guidance and end to end case management support to managers on absence and employee relations policy and procedure.
The successful candidate will be a key interface with the Trade Unions as well as an industrial relations expert. You will provide advice on the Council’s industrial relations framework including the consultative arrangements and Trade Union Time Off and Facilities Agreement.
You will support the co-ordination of the mediation service including identifying lessons learnt from customer feedback aligned to our continuous improvement approach
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree or equivalent in the HR field or CIPD level 5.
You will have significant experience and proven success in;
- advising and influencing on HR matters in a customer focussed environment
- working with Trade Unions in a unionised environment
- being a local expert, able to prove your credibility, providing advice on employment legislation and associated policy and practice
- excellent communications being able to influence at all levels as well as develop and maintain collaborative and inclusive working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- being motivated and resilient, able to use your own initiative, presenting a ‘can do’ approach focussing on results and outputs
- contributing to the review of employment policy as well as the development and delivery of manager upskilling programmes
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What we offer you:
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
For more information on our HR team, the benefits we can offer and other HR vacancies, simply, click here.
Our HR team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as a result of the ongoing policy development of our working arrangements we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply, but if you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Tracey Wall, Employee Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date; 21 August 2022
Provisional Interview Date; week commencing 12 September 2022