- Riverside Depot, Mansfield Road, Doe Lea, Derbyshire
- Salary details
- Grade 5, £12.61 - £13.88 per hour
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 23 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 June 2023
Bolsover District Council is a dynamic and ambitious organisation that takes pride in delivering excellent services to our community whilst driving economic growth and environmental sustainability for the district.
A vacancy has now arisen within the Housing Department for a Support Officer in our Southern Team covering the areas of Tibshelf, Newton, Blackwell, Westhouses, South Normanton, Pinxton and Hilcote.
The successful applicant will provide a floating support service to vulnerable people linked to the Council’s Careline Service.
To be successful you will need
- An awareness of issues relating to working with elderly or vulnerable people
- Knowledge of Manual Handling good practice and technique
- Recent proven practical experience of working with elderly and vulnerable people
- Effective communication skills in order to deal on a face to face basis with tenants and members of the public
- Ability to work on own initiative and alone during unsociable hours
- Knowledge of the local area in order to find destinations especially in an emergency or out of hours call out situation
For a full list of job details and requirements please view the Job Description and Person Specification.
Why work for us?
Bolsover District Council is a great place to work and if you join our team, you will become part of a talented and dedicated workforce. If you are keen to make a difference to people’s lives and develop your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and excellent work/life balance initiatives. Learn more about the benefits of working for us at: Bolsover.gov.uk
If you are interested in this post, please apply using the online application on our dedicated webpage on Derbyshire Jobs at: Bolsover District Council Vacancies or via Derbyshire - Jobs and Careers by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ and creating an account. You can save your progress and exit the application at any time, coming back to it at a later stage to complete and submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 9 June 2023.
Please read the Guidance Notes provided before completing any application and please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
If you do not have internet access, you can request an offline application pack by contacting Bolsover District Council Contact Centre on 01246 242424 or emailing: BDC-HR&Payroll@bolsover.gov.uk
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Amy Sigona, on 01246 242667 or email email@example.com
If you have not received any communication within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in the job role.