- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £30,054 - £31,963 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 March 2024
The Highway Drainage Management Team is a newly formed team within the Highways Service to manage the effective delivery of maintenance activities and capital works for the authorities highway drainage network. This position provides an exciting opportunity to develop how Derbyshire’s highway drainage assets are managed in the future, as part of the authorities “Highways Transformation” programme.
You will be primarily involved in supporting the Project Engineer in administering the authorities highway drainage responsibilities, including the management and delivery of both the highway drainage maintenance and capital works.
What will i be doing:
- Manage cyclic, reactive and planned works on the Highway Drainage Network.
- Carry out necessary site inspections and surveys.
- Support the delivery of inspection and data capture on the highway drainage asset
- Providing responses to enquiries from all customers/service users
What skills and experience do i need to have;
- BTec Higher in Civil Engineering or similar qualification with relevant post qualification experience.
- Technical and practical problem solving skills.
- Skills and experience in relation to highway drainage asset management and maintenance, or similar areas of work where these skills are transferable.
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous leave and flexi leave schemes
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
Should you wish to have an informal chat about this role, then please contact Paul Sherlock on 07909 625619 or email@example.com
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here