- Highways Depot Darley Dale, Station Road Darley Dale, MATLOCK
- Salary details
- Grade 13 £42,513 - £46,156 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
Senior Project Engineer - Structures Design & Supervision
£42,513 to £46,156 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CV's for this position so it's easier than ever to apply!
The Structures Design Team provides the professional services to design and manage the delivery of a wide range of highway structures schemes including maintenance, improvements, replacements, and new build.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to develop how Derbyshire’s highway network is managed and developed in the future, as part of the Council’s Highways transformation programme.
You will be joining a team of eager and ambitious technicians and engineers and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What projects will I be involved with?
- A wide variety of structures maintenance and improvement schemes
- Provision of new structures as part of Major Projects
- Structures include bridges, retaining walls and culverts
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer or equivalent
- Detailed design and project management at a senior level.
- Negotiating with external contractors and consultants
- Highways and structures supervision experience
- Technical, analytical and practical problem solving relative to bridges and other highway structures.
- Contract preparation, conditions of contract and the specification for roads and bridgeworks.
- Ability to control and manage budgets (works and fees)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and of CDM legislation including roles and responsibilities of various parties. Working as Principal designer.
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our Highways Design team? You can see what our team have to say here.
What we offer you:
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Our Structures Design Team is based in Darley Dale, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. As we now start our return to work in an office environment there will be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at the interview.
For more information on other vacancies in our Highways team, the wonderful work we do and the benefits we can offer simply visit; www.derbyshire.gov.uk/highwaysjobs
Please include a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and your skills, knowledge, and experience, taking account of the requirements set out in the job and person profile (attached). Each document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 (font size 12).
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Paul Traynor, Interim Assistant Director for Highways Delivery, at firstname.lastname@example.org