- Willington Highways Depot, Castle Way Willington
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £20,043 - £20,498 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term up to 18 months from start date to complete training
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
Roadworker/Trainee LGV Driver
£20,043 - £20,498 - Plus market leading package (see below), additional overtime and standby pay.
Do you have experience working in highway maintenance and construction services and would like to become a fully qualified LGV driver? If so, this role could be perfect for you!
We’re looking for Roadworkers/Trainee LGV Drivers to be part of the Highways Construction Services team. We will fully support and fund your LGV training to support your progression to a Roadworker LGV Driver position and this is a fantastic opportunity for people who have an interest in becoming a fully qualified LGV driver.
This position provide an exciting opportunity to develop how Derbyshire’s highway network is managed and developed in the future, as part of the Council’s Highways transformation programme.
You will be working in a high-profile area of the business that is front and centre in terms of the Council’s Service Plan forming part of a motivated team who strive to achieve improved performance in service delivery embracing new technologies and best working practices.
You will assist in the delivery of allocated schemes, working in teams to complete work within prescribed timescales to the required standard, providing value for money.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the team undertaking and reviewing risk assessments, and devising and implementing safe systems of work for employees and sub-contractors, to produce a high level of site safety at all times
- Using a variety of vehicles and specialised plant and equipment the activities range from drainage, road resurfacing, manhole construction, kerbing, fencing, flag and block laying, structural concreting to patching.
- Assist the implementation and management of traffic control measures to ensure the free and safe movement of traffic, so minimising disruption to the travelling public
- You’ll be part of a mandatory rota to deliver winter maintenance (gritting and snow clearing) and to respond to emergencies, outside normal working hours, for which you’ll receive additional overtime and standby pay.
- Immediately undertake training to obtain you LGV licence, and on completion progress to the role of Roadworker LGV Driver.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A full UK driving licence and the willingness to undertake training to obtain your LGV licence
- Experience in highways maintenance and construction services
- The ability to work safely and competently to meet performance and quality standards, maintain good relationships with the public and keep traffic flowing freely
- Use of a range of construction vehicles, plant equipment and materials
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Regular standard working hours (typically 8:00am until 4:00pm)
- Additional overtime and standby payments for working out of hours
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our Highways Construction team? You can see what our team have to say here.
For more information on other vacancies in our Highways team, the wonderful work we do and the benefits we can offer simply visit; www.derbyshire.gov.uk/highwaysjobs
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Simon Rogers, email@example.com or Steve Brandrick on 07766 726123
HWCON HWJBS0422 DEPOWILL