Finance Assistant (3 Posts)
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £21,968 - £22,423 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Permanent and Fixed term, covering for secondment until end of May 2024
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
In Client Financial Services we currently have vacancies for a number of full-time permanent Finance Assistant posts on the Financial Assessment and Charging Team (FACT) and the Children and Shared Lives Team.
We are looking for highly motivated, efficient individuals who will have good ICT skills and the proven ability to use their initiative. Experience of working in a fast paced financial or administrative environment would be desirable, however, keenness and willing to learn is important. Full-on site training will be given.
Applicants should be customer focused and effective professional communicators able to provide information and advice to the public and colleagues within the authority. Good literacy and numerical skills, the ability to analyse financial information and to process that data quickly and accurately are essential. Candidates will have responsibility for managing their individual workload whilst being an effective team member
Posts will be based at County Hall but due to current restrictions, and in anticipation of possible future working practices, post holders will be required to work flexibly which may involve working from home as well as in the office, dependent on the needs of the service.
At Derbyshire County Council we believe that hard work and commitment should be rewarded, and we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Guaranteed incremental pay increases
- Training and development opportunities to help you achieve your goals
- Some remote working, in accordance with the Council's Modern Ways of Working Policy
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at selected leisure centres
- Comprehensive Wellbeing Package including free eye test, physiotherapy and counselling services
Provisional Interview Date: week commencing 5 June 2023
If you require any further information or for an informal chat regarding the FACT role please contact Phil Smith on 01629 532443 or regarding the role on Children and Shared Lives Team, Janet Leedham on 01629 532117
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.