- Derby Diocesan Academy Trust’s (DDAT) Central Team, Bakewell
- Salary details
- Grade 10 - £33,820 - £36,298 (pay award pending)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 40 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 24 September 2023
Due to the continuous growth of the Trust an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Officer to join Derby Diocesan Academy Trust’s (DDAT) Central Team.
DDAT and DDAT 2 are Multi Academy Trusts that oversee and support schools across Derbyshire and Derby City. Established in 2014 by the Diocese of Derby, DDAT is committed to providing high quality education for all children in their academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles. As a growing Trust, the Finance Officer will play a pivotal role in our future growth.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will build strong relationships with our schools to ensure compliance with financial procedures and support them with the monitoring of Academy budgets.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a school or Academy financial role, or similar position working alongside schools
- Provide sound financial knowledge to School Business Mangers and Headteachers on all aspects of finance.
- Demonstrate the ability to support, challenge, and work in coproduction with senior colleagues and executive teams on all aspects of finance.
- Have experience of effectively managing a complex and varied workload, referring more complex enquiries to the Trusts Senior Finance Officer.
- Be results-oriented, motivated by goals and be driven to achieve those goals.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with a range of stakeholders with empathy and purpose.
In return, DDAT will offer you:
- An opportunity to work as part of a supportive team and empower you to further develop the Trust.
- A competitive salary and LGPS pension contributions.
- Ongoing high quality professional development opportunities.
- Hybrid working with the opportunity to work from the office in Bakewell, home and the DDAT schools across the Trust.
- Benefits including but not limited to; Free onsite parking at Bakewell Head Office, Cycle to Work Scheme, free eye tests and a contribution towards a pair of glasses for employees using VDU’s, Employee Assistant Programme & an opportunity to work flexibly.
DDAT welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.
DDAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, online checks, pre-employment and Disclosure Barring Service checks. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Completed Application Forms and References and Monitoring Forms should be submitted to HR@ddat.org.uk by the closing date.
Please Note: CVs will not be accepted.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about this post, please email HR@ddat.org.uk in the first instance.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.