- Derbyshire Eco Centre
- Salary details
- FE JNC 3-5 £25.58 - £28.08 per hour
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
We are looking for a part time tutor for this exciting opportunity to teach the newly revised RHS Level 2 Horticulture qualifications.
Tutors applying for this vacancy should:
- be able to teach to the horticultural industry standard with at least five years’ active (and current) experience in horticulture relevant and appropriate to the qualification, or experience of teaching (at a similar level).
- hold an adult teaching qualification
- be familiar with RHS Qualification Specification.
- have relevant (and current) CPD activities.
- have experience of working with adults
- be passionate about their subject area
- be enthusiastic about this new challenge and willing to be flexible and reflective in order to make any necessary adjustments for future planning
- be committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion
What we can offer you:
- support with developing course materials to meet the new RHS specification
- excellent opportunities for mentoring and support to develop your teaching skills
- a comprehensive CPD programme including sector specific career progression
- a working pattern to suit you and the needs of the course, agreed with your line manager
- support to develop your digital skills and online teaching
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.