- White Hall Outdoor Education Centre, Buxton
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £15,554.52 - £17,157.00 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 18 hours and 30 minutes per week average - Annualised hours
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
Position Type: Part-time (18.5 hours per week average, annualized hours) - transitioning to Full-time (37 hours per week)
White Hall Outdoor Education Centre is seeking a passionate and experienced Program Leader to join our dynamic team. As a Program Leader, you will play a vital role in delivering high-quality outdoor education packages to young people in Derbyshire. You will coordinate activity courses, have overall responsibility for an activity area (including technical advice, procurement, storage, and maintenance of equipment). This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a phased retirement plan, gradually transitioning into a full-time role.
- Deliver engaging outdoor education packages to young people in Derbyshire, providing them with valuable learning experiences.
- Coordinate and facilitate activity courses, ensuring that all participants are safe and actively involved.
- Manage an activity store, including the organization, maintenance, and regular checking of equipment to ensure its safety and proper functioning.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and improve outdoor education programs and activities.
- Uphold safety protocols and standards, including safeguarding, inclusivity and diversity, and GDPR, ensuring a safe environment for all participants.
- Actively engage with young people, fostering their personal and social development through outdoor education.
- Continually develop your own skills and knowledge in outdoor activities, seeking growth opportunities and sharing expertise with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm for the outdoors, working with young people, and personal and professional development.
- Significant experience in outdoor education, with a focus on rock climbing, caving, canoeing, mountain biking, and hill/mountain walking.
- Nationally recognized governing body qualifications (NGB) in the aforementioned outdoor activities.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with D1 minibus entitlement.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with young people, staff, and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to maintaining the highest standards of safety and ensuring the well-being of all participants.
- Competitive salary with incremental annual increases for 4 years.
- Opportunities for professional development and training in outdoor education.
- The chance to work in a stunning natural setting and inspire young people through outdoor experiences.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment with a passionate team.
- 25 days of annual leave increasing to 30 after 5 years of continuous service.
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres.
- Free online health and exercise sessions.
- Access to Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contributions towards your pension.
- Free access to mental health counselling.
- and much more!
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan at email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date: 14 June 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.