Programme Development Worker
- Hunloke Centre, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £11,251.56 - £12,015.24 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding until 31 March 2025
- 14 hours and 48 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
An exciting opportunity has come up in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions and wider Derbyshire County Council departments to deliver a newly developed youth hub both face to face within Chesterfield and a virtual hub. The role will occasionally involve visits to other parts of the county. Youth Hubs are intended to provide access to local training and job opportunities, as well as a range of services to address health & wellbeing support needs.
Services can include support and guidance, referrals to external agencies, mentoring, careers advice, advice on health and wellbeing and much more.
The target group for the Youth Hub is young people aged 16 to 24 and it will operate for 24 months until March 2025. Further funding may be available from Department for Work and Pensions to extend the operation should it prove successful for another 12 months, subject to Derbyshire County Council continuing to also match the funding.
The successful post will:
- Deliver and manage learning programmes to enhance employability skills
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of the hub
- Carry out 1:1 and small group appointments to support young people with their career plans
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from Department for Work and Pension, National Careers Service and other key stakeholders
- Report back to the youth hub coordinator during monthly meetings
- Support the tracking of the target profiles for the project and monthly claims
- Arrange focus events and opportunities whilst liaising with other external agencies
What skills and experience do you need to have?
- A desire to help young people access work, education, or training
- A positive “can do” attitude with an ability to motivate others
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to be open, friendly, and flexible
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility for autonomous working
- To be able to plan and deliver short learning programmes
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (pro rata)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers Pension
- Genuine progression opportunity
If you have any questions regarding this role or would like to visit out existing Chesterfield youth hub, contact Nikketa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.