- White Hall Outdoor Education Centre, Buxton
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £12.94 - £13.93 per hour, Grade 8 £14.26 - £15.25 per hour
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
White Hall Outdoor Education Centre is seeking passionate and experienced outdoor activity instructors to join our dynamic team. As a relief instructor you will play a vital role in delivering high-quality outdoor education packages to young people in Derbyshire.
- Deliver engaging outdoor education packages to young people in Derbyshire, providing them with valuable learning experiences.
- Facilitate activity courses, ensuring that all participants are safe and actively involved.
- Assist in the organisation, maintenance, and regular checking of equipment to ensure its safety and proper functioning.
- Uphold safety protocols and standards, including safeguarding, inclusivity and diversity, and GDPR, ensuring a safe environment for all participants.
- Actively engage with young people, fostering their personal and social development through outdoor education.
- Enthusiasm for the outdoors, working with young people, and personal and professional development.
- Significant experience in outdoor education, with a focus on rock climbing, caving, canoeing, mountain biking, and hill/mountain walking.
- Nationally recognised governing body qualifications (NGB) in the aforementioned outdoor activities, a minimum of the following:
Level 1 Instructors: 1 NGB + 1 training in the following (or equivalent): RCI, LCMLA level 1, MIAS level 2, HML, Paddlesport Instructor.
Level 2 Instructors: 4 NGBs & D1 minibus entitlement
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with young people, staff, and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to maintaining the highest standards of safety and ensuring the well-being of all participants.
- Competitive salary with incremental annual increases for 4 years.
- The chance to work in a stunning natural setting and inspire young people through outdoor experiences.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment with a passionate team.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Robin & Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.