- Alfreton Adult Education Centre
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £22,503 - £24,030 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding 01.09.2024
- 29 hours 36 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 02 April 2023
£22,503 to £24,030 - Plus market leading package (see below)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Employment and Skills Team for a dynamic individual to support the Careers Team
The role of a Careers Coach is to support Derbyshire residents by providing impartial information, advice and guidance on work and learning related matters, through remote digital platforms and face to face support either on a one-to-one or group basis.
A primary element of the Careers Coach role is working on the National Careers Service contract in which Derbyshire County Council are a subcontractor.
What will you be doing?
- Working in a fast paced, evolving and targeted environment, working effectively partners to develop our service.
- Using your skills and expertise to ensure that all customers are given appropriate support to enhance opportunities into employment and training.
- Inspire people into making better informed career choices, lifting their aspirations and making learning and work choices which reflect these.
What skills/experience will you need?
- Have a through understanding local labour market information to enable you to provide customers with awareness of opportunities, with the desire to succeed in a target driven environment are key to success for this role.
- Have a passion for making a difference to people’s lives and supporting customers to remove barriers to employment and training, to access opportunities to progress in the world of work.
- It’s essential for the candidate to have a ‘can-do’, proactive way of working.
- To be able to form sound relationships with young people and adults.
- Have a commitment to your own personal development and training
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What we offer you:
25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
Our Careers team is contractually based across the county, offering face-to-face support to Derbyshire residents. There'll be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements at interview.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience, we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
As this role is working on an externally funding contract there may be the opportunity to extend after the fixed term end date.
If you would like a chat about this role, please contact Louise Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org 01629 536689
Provisional interview date 14th April 2023 via Teams.
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.