- Corfield C of E Infant School, Heanor
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £15,459.00 - £16,743.00 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Pending restructure to end August 2024
- 29 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 25 September 2023
The Governors and Headteacher of Corfield CofE Infant School wish to appoint a Teaching and Learning Assistant who is positive, calm, fun, hardworking and motivated. We are looking for someone to join our friendly, caring team.
We are a committed, dedicated and enthusiastic school with a strong sense of purpose, which is to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants to help make a difference.
We are proud of our unique character being a Church of England Infant School in the Diocese of Derby, and a school that sits very much in the heart of the local community. Everyone is most welcome within our school community, but a willingness of staff to contribute to the extra-curricular life and the ethos of our school is essential.
The governors are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, skilled and experienced Teaching and Learning Assistant. You will be part of a team of dedicated staff working together to support our students make the most of the opportunities available, allowing them to achieve their full personal and academic potential and supporting them in their journey through infant school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for education and inspires pupils.
- Is, or has the potential to be, an excellent teaching assistant with experience of teaching small groups.
- Has knowledge of the EYFS and Key Stage 1 curriculum, including assessment procedures and is able to support the children to achieve their best.
- Is warm and friendly and develops excellent relationships with parents and carers.
- Has a sense of humour and is fun, fully embracing all aspects of school life.
- Will embrace our school ethos and add to our brilliant team.
At interview, you will be asked for the following:
- To undertake a ten-minute activity with a game of your choice with a small, mixed ability Key Stage 1 group.
- To take part in a formal interview with school stakeholders.
- To produce evidence of any qualifications listed in the essential criteria of the person specification. This will be an original, official certificate issued by an examination board or professional body.
- To comply with Local Authority safer recruitment procedures, we will contact your referees if your application is shortlisted. Please inform them of this in advance.
Corfield CofE Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. It is vitally important that the successful candidate adheres to confidentiality at all times and does not share any information about any child to anyone outside of the school setting under any circumstance.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01773 712893.
Please visit our website for more information on our school: https://www.corfield.derbyshire.sch.uk/
Provisional Interview Date: Friday, 29 September 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.