- Hollingwood Primary School, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 2 points 2-4 £15,785.12 - £16,422.80
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to pupil numbers until the end of August 2023
- 32 hours and 30 minutes per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 03 October 2022
Are you a highly organised and efficient?
Do you want to play your part in a team, that supports the best learning in the universe?
Do you want to make a lasting impact on children’s lives?
Will you make every day count for our children?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
Hollingwood Primary School is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide the highest quality learning, care and support for the school. You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children and so, we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Hollingwood Primary School is a larger than average, over-subscribed, successful, and family-focused school in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. We have a beautiful building and spacious grounds which incorporate an Astro-turf pitch, trim trail, and forest school facilities. We often describe our school as a ‘lottery win’ because the conditions are set for our continuing journey to excellence – we have wonderful, well-behaved pupils, supportive families, and a highly-skilled staff team. We are looking for someone who is keen to support us in our journey and will love the school as much as we do.
Hollingwood Primary School, is part of The Flying High Partnership which consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, and Nottingham City. Our flying high family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of inspiring Leaders teacher training.
We are looking for someone who is excited to be part of this partnership, with the people skills to be an asset to our team. We want to work with someone who really connects with our children and families and who will relish being part of the team.
We can offer you:
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of the children in our school
- A beautiful building where pride and standards are evident
- Support to develop you within this role, to be the best you can be, and to help you develop for your next career step
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership
- The opportunity for quality continuous professional learning
- A varied job where no day is the same
- The opportunity for flexible working and a generous holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff
We are looking for someone:
- Is passionate about working with pupils with SEND, including autism
- Is interested in education and impacting the lives of children
- Has high expectations of the children and does not see SEND as a barrier
- Can work effectively with and without direction
- Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism
- Is a team player
- Has an eye for detail
- Is willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in
Your core duties will be:
- Guide children in their learning, in the moment to ensure the children achieve to the best of their ability
- Contributing to the assessment of the pupil(s) needs
- Supporting with the behaviour management of the child/children
- Liaising with agencies, under the guidance of the class teacher
- Supporting pupils to be successful, independent and happy
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please visit our school website at www.hollingwood.derbyshire.sch.uk where you will be able to find information about the school. An application form, job description and person specification can be found under the vacancies section of the website. Alternatively, you can view this vacancy and its supporting documents on the Flying High trust vacancies website.
If you want to know more or wish to discuss anything in more detail, please contact the School Business Manager, Kerry Lester on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Flying High Partnership or if you require any support in relation to the application form please visit www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Provisional Interview Date: 6 October 2022
Please ensure your completed application is returned no later than 9.00am on the Closing Date.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.