- Chaucer Infant School, Ilkeston
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £12,213.24 - £13,320.00 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to pupil numbers until the end of August 2023
- 25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 31 August 2022
Chaucer Infant and Nursery School are part of Embark Federation and together with the Governors, we wish to appoint an experienced, highly motivated, confident and caring teaching assistant who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and dedicated team. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and will be committed to ensuring every child is given the best possible opportunity to succeed. They will be committed to safeguarding children at all times.
We are a forward thinking school, who pride ourselves on providing the very best education for every child. We are a supportive school family and our motto ’Belong, Enjoy, Aim High and Respect’ is adopted by staff and children, alike. We are always striving towards improving our provision.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of supporting children with ASD
- Experience of supporting a child with significantly delayed understanding of language and expressive language skills
- Knowledge and experience of using a variety of SEND interventions.
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working with young children and whole-heartedly believes in the school’s ethos and vision.
- Has a nurturing, caring attitude towards children.
- Oozes positivity and is able to work with others, professionally.
- Uses their own initiative and has the belief that every child ‘can’.
We can offer:
- Kind and sociable children who care about themselves and others around them – they will inspire you to be your best!
- Happy and dedicated staff who are committed to the children and each other. As a result, they work extremely closely, care for one another and support every member of our school family to be the best that they can be.
- Friendly families who will be keen to work with you.
- A supportive and knowledgeable Governing Body and a federation, through Embark who are forward thinking and who will always make time to listen.
- The chance to be a part of a very special team who recognise that everyone has a part to play in our journey to achieve the very best for our school and the community that we serve.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. We are committed to safeguarding our pupils and our safeguarding policies should be accessed on our school website: https://www.chaucer-inf.derbyshire.sch.uk/page/?title=Safeguarding&pid=32
We are really proud of what we have here at Chaucer Infant and Nursery School and we would really welcome the opportunity to show you around so that you can gain a snap shot of the very special place that it is!
Chaucer Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment, therefore the post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please contact the headteacher, Kate Beattie on 0115 9325629 if you would like more information.
Provisional Interview Date: 15 September 2022.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.