Teaching and Learning Assistant (SEN)
- Dallimore Primary & Nursery School
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £15,697.68 - £17,001.36 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to pupil numbers until the end of August 2024
- 29 hours and 45 minutes per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 18 June 2023
The Governors of Dallimore Primary & Nursery School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and qualified (min level 3) SEN teaching assistant to join our hardworking, dedicated and committed team.
We are looking for a practitioner who has an excellent understanding of how to support children with Special Educational Needs.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent communication and organisational skills
- support teaching staff to provide opportunities for children to access the learning
- be able to work flexibly under the direction of the class teacher whilst taking the initiative if necessary
- be able to deliver speech and language programmes as necessary
- have a good understanding of children with special education needs (and specifically ASD/ ADHD)
If you wish to discuss this post in more detail or arrange a visit to our school then please feel free to telephone the school and we will be happy to help (0115 9320741)
Visits to the school are highly recommended; please call to make an appointment’–
The Start date for this post can be agreed at the interview (ideally it would be as soon as possible)
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.