- Swanwick School and Sports College
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £21,905.88 - £23,542.20 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 24 September 2023
The Governors of Swanwick School & Sports College are looking to recruit a Specialist Teaching and Learning Assistant to work with pupils with special educational needs.
The post holder should be prepared to work within all areas of our school as required. However, we are looking to provide additional support in our Nurture provision and potentially our primary provision too.
The post holder will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Improve the quality of pupils’ learning
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
- Build team commitment with colleagues
- Demonstrate empathy with and an appreciation of the needs of pupils
- Be committed to making a real difference to the lives of young people with special educational needs and their families/carers
- Be able to offer skills and experience to add to our curriculum
- Able to work across Key Stages 1, 2, 3 or 4 as required
- Able to demonstrate strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Able to assist pupils in managing personal care
- Able to assist pupils to develop effective communication skills e.g. Makaton
Having been graded as Outstanding by Ofsted we need applicants who are able to add to our provision and demonstrate and support our school vision of Enjoy, Achieve, Exceed.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on: - 01773 602198 to arrange an appointment.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 2 October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.