- Whittington Green School, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 7 Actual Salary £21,371.52 - £23,009.64 per annum (£24,958 - £26,871 per annum FTE)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 03 March 2024
Starting July or September 2024
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Science Technician in our Science Department to provide technical support to our teaching staff.
Your role will be vital in the planning and delivery of engaging and exciting science lessons alongside supporting extra-curricular clubs and activities.
You will work as part of a team to provide excellent support to both our staff and students in the day to day running of our Science Faculty. This includes ensuring all equipment is in place for the start of each practical lesson and clearing away all chemicals and equipment in a suitable and timely manner.
You should be an effective communicator that works well as part of a team and passionate about your role in
If you would like to an informal chat and/or a tour of the school please contact Catherine Swain on 01246 450825
The post holder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional standards for qualified teachers.
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 8.15 – 16.15, Friday 8.15 – 3.45
Whittington Green School:-
- welcomes applications regardless of age, gender or religion
- is committed to the protection and safety of its students
- undertakes enhanced CRB checks on all applicants
- only accepts applications submitted on approved application forms
Provisional Interview Date: 3 March 2024.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.