- John Hadfield House, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £25,582 - £27,493 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 05 February 2023
We have an exciting maternity cover vacancy for an Elective Home Education Officer. The team you will join forms a part of the wider All Children Receiving Education (ACRE) branch of Childrens Services and comprises of a small department of friendly and committed colleagues. The post offers you the opportunity to use your skills and experience to genuinely improve outcomes for children and young people.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated applicant who can demonstrate a passion for working with home educating families, including children with additional needs.
The broad purpose of the role includes:
- providing effective delivery of the statutory duties in regard to Elective Home Education (EHE).
- To ensure children have access to an education that is suitable to their age, aptitude and any special educational needs.
- Providing advice and guidance to families who have chosen to, or are considering electively home educating their child.
- To liaise with other services and agencies including schools and other education providers, Special Educational Needs (SEND) Early Help & Social Care and health services regarding the young people’s learning and welfare.
- Building solid relationships with families within Amber Valley and South Chesterfield, through home visits, online meetings and written communication.
What benefits do we offer you?
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- generous annual leave and flexi-time scheme
- travel expenses
- discount on leisure centre memberships
- free car parking at most sites
- an in-house counselling service
- occupational health service
- access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist
- cycle to work scheme
This is a full time maternity cover vacancy, due to commence at the start of April 2023. If you are interested in this position as a secondment opportunity, please seek permission from your line manager before applying.
Our team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire. As part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis, with one ‘team day’ per week on site. There will be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements at interview.
Provisional Interview Date: 7 February 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.